Unreasonable POST delay on Win32?

From: Steven D. Gray <steven_gray@rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:41:16 -0800 (PST)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Running either the postform.c sample or my own modified version takes
at least 2 seconds on my Windows NT machine after the event loop is
started and before the terminate_handler() is called with the POST
result.

The 2 second delay always occurs after a "Read Socket. WOULD BLOCK fd
nnn" trace message and no other trace messages are emitted until after
the delay.

Am I doing something wrong? The POST and its response are tiny and run
against an unburdened web server on my LAN. Internet Explorer and
Netscape Navigator on my machine perform this POST and display the
response instantaneously. I can't see why libwww wouldn't be the same.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

--Steven Gray