From: Alan <Alan@SurfNUSA.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:45:46 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hey!  we have launched robots (which resides on our Sun-Unix) sucessfully from telnet until we try to launch it from one particular server.

The only difference which seems to relate is that the failing robot is on a particular server using an upstream provider which filters content using proxy servers.  We are trying to access accepted sites (honestly :-), but we get the message 'can't connect' (-905) times out.

Is there something we could check on regarding proxy servers filtering content??

         Alan Field, Administrator
         SurfNDevelopment Corporation
         3821 St Elmo Avenue, Second Floor
         Chattanooga, Tennessee  37409