Multithreaded application

From: Marc Necker <rusmarc@infotst2.rus.uni-stuttgart.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:19:07 +0100 (MEZ)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi!

I'm sorry, I found the information about multithreading and libwww on the
libwww-pages today, and I now know why my program didn't work. However, I'd
like to use multiple threads accessing libwww nevertheless, because I only
use the very basic functionality. Here were my solution attempts:

1.) Using HTNet_wait() after HTLoadAnchorToChunk to force it to block.
    However this failed because I did not find an implementation of
    HTNet_wait (declared EXTERN in HTNet.h).
2.) My second attempt was to use non-blocking sockets. However this failed,
    too. I managed to break the problem down to the following:
    When I initialize libwww from my main program and issue a request
    everything works fine. However when I first start a posix thread and
    initialize the lib from this thread the request will simply end up with
    a status of -1 (instead of 200 :) ). Debug notice was an error with
    Add 73, severetiy 1 in 'connect'.

I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks!

--
Cheers - Marc

Marc@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de