Does SOCKSfclose still exist in SOCKS5?

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:48:50 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-lib@w3.org

Is the SOCKSfclose function still supported in socks5?

The link edition failes while trying to build an application based on a socks5
configured libwww.

I'm not sure if this function existed in libsocks.a, but it seems it isn't
the case on libsocks5.a (nm doesn't show it).

Should we remove the SOCKSfclose for the SOCKS5 rule in wwwsys.h?
I tried it and it seems to work ok. As I don't have a socks server,
I couldn't test my application, though.