Calculating response times using webbot

From: Tadhg O'Meara <tadhg@net-cs.ucd.ie>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:02:52 +0100
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi,

I want to calculate response times for requests. By response times I mean
the length of time (in milliseconds) from when the HTTP request is written
to the network to when the response to that request is read from the
network. Can anyone point out where in the libwww/webbot code I should put
"start" and "stop" timer code?

I've tried writing BEFORE and AFTER filters but, unsurprisingly, this
calculates (or seems to calculate) the length of time webbot spends dealing
with a request which is not what I want.

-thanks

 Tadhg O'Meara
 Department of Computer Science (CNDSRG),
 University College Dublin,
 Belfield,			Tel: +353-1-7062486
 Dublin 4,			Fax: +353-1-2697262
 Ireland.