libwww with glib/gtk+

From: James Henstridge <james@daa.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:47:26 +0800 (WST)
A while back I posted about using libwww with gtk+.  I have the HTEvent
and HTTimer interfaces implemented correctly now, and was looking at
implementing some of the alert dialogs.

Since I am implementing them in gtk, the event loop runs while the dialog
is on screen waiting for the user's input.  This also means that libwww
events and timers can be processed while the dialog is on screen (ie.
event and timer handlers will be called before the alert callback
function has returned). When this happens however, I get a segfault in

Should I expect libwww to handle this condition, or do I have to write
some code to suspend the HTEvents and HTTimers while the dialog is on

BTW, if anyone is interested in the code I do have, it is available under
gnorpm/glibwww in the GNOME CVS tree, and is browseable at

Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/