Problem after a timeout event...

From: Dekang Lin <lindek@cs.umanitoba.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:40:28 -0500 (CDT)
To: Grohmann Peter EBK <GrohmannP@Graz.Spardat.at>
Cc: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
In <3227ADA636ADD11182760001FA444DF117CAA6@evloggsk.f000.d0488.sd.spardat.at> Grohmann Peter EBK writes:
 # Hi all!
 #
 # I have a severe problem when a timeout happens.
 #
 # I have made a request. Then timeout triggers.
 # The lib stucks in the eventloop after following traceline:
 #
 # Event Loop.. calling select: maxfds is 1
 # ............ READ :
 # ............ WRITE:
 # ............ OOB  :
 #
 # I think it stucks in the select-function.
 #
 # Any ideas to solve the problem?
I had the same problem too last night. It stuck in the select function
because the waiting-time parameter in the last call to the select
fuction is nil (which means wait forever?). I got around this by
puting a timer that goes off every so often before starting the event
loop. E.g.:

  HTTimer* timer = HTTimer_new(0, timer_cbf, 0, 1000, 1, 1);
=>HTTimer_dispatch(timer);
  HTEventList_newLoop();

Best,

Dekang