Re: reentrant functions in Linux/glibc-2.1

AIX and HPUX have another set of these defintions. (HPUX is also missing
the declaration of h_errno in the <netdb.h> header.)

These prototypes for these functions are
int gethostbyname_r(const char *name,
		    struct hostent *result,
		    struct hostent_data *buffer);

int gethostbyaddr_r(const char *addr,
                    int len,
		    int type,
		    struct hostent *result,
		    struct hostent_data *buffer);

The hostent_data structure is defined in netdb.h, and is filled in to
contain the pointed-to data in the hostent struct.

I've written some code to deal with several gethostbyname_r,
gethostbyaddr_r, and ctime_r variants for the project I work on.
If you'd like, I can send it to the list.

joe