Re: How to make timeout work for POST function

From: <linda_fu@peoplesoft.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:15:20 -0700
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi, gang,
          after doing some tests on post program, I found that it is
related to gateway.  It the destination host
and source machine are both with gateways, then
1.  if the gateway is the same one for both src machine to destination
machine and also the gateway is
    DOWN, the program will get out immediately and report:
    "Fatal Error: connect operation failed (connection failed)". This is
what we desired.
2. if the two machines (src & dest host) have different gateways, the
program will hang there.
             It seems to me that it is a bug inside libwww. Have this bug
been addressed or fixed already?
             If we want a quick workaround by forcing the program to time
out and report the error message,
any clue?

             Thanks!

Regards,