always fail in autoconf

From: Kinuko Yasuda <kinuko@tom.sfc.keio.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:32:09 +0900
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi all,

I'm having some troubles in bootstrapping the CVS source
on FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE.

I followed the instructions for bootstrapping the CVS source
several times, but always got an error message in autoconf and
couldn't proceed any more.

The error message was:
(also please see the whole log at bottom of the message)

   > autoconf: Undefined macros:
   > ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DISABLE_FAST_INSTALL

The CVS source seems to be downloaded successfully.
I also tried the same thing on FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE, but the
result was same.

I'm using the following versions of bootstrapping tools:
   GNU automake 1.4
   GNU autoconf 2.13
   GNU libtool 1.3
   (on FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE/3.2-RELEASE)