Problem getting HTTP headers...

From: Matt Johnson <matt@onedisc.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:08:32 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
I want to retrieve just the header of a file without getting the entire.

I've looked at the sample 'Head' but that doesn't help at all.  Nothing
is displayed, even when I supply '*' as a third parameter.

What I'm trying to do is get the header of a file and check the date on
it.  But I'm unclear on how to do this.  I don't need to display any
output, I want everything to be invisible to the user.

Thanks.

Matt