Re: problems doing update from the CVS repository

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 22:22:56 +0200 (MET DST)
To: sb@metis.no (Steinar Bang)
Cc: www-lib@w3.org

In our previous episode, Steinar Bang said:
> I have problems doing "cvs up" today.  It always terminates with the
> error message:
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/sources/public/lib
www/Library/cvs2sql': No such file or directory
> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/sources/public/libwww/Li
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

The problem here is that there was a file corruption on this directory.
We're restoring it from CVS, but it may take some time.

This affects people who try to do either a cvs co or a cvs update on the
libwww base.

If you already have the base, you can avoid this problem by changing to
the directory you're interested in (e.g. libwww/Library/src) and making
your cvs update there.

I'll mail the list when the situation is back to normal. Give it a try
later on as I'm away from office next week and I may not be able to
send the mail ASAP.