Re: SSL sample code

From: Marco Ariano <marco.ariano@pipercreek.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 12:27:09 -0600
To: Chris Sharp <sharp@munu.com>
CC: www-lib@w3.org
Chris:

When I obtained libwww-ssl it came with sample code.  The source should
be in libwww-ssl\wwwssl.c.  If you're using Windows/VC++ you want to
load the libwww-ssl\windows\world.dsw workspace.

As it turns out, once you get the libwww-ssl stuff built and the OpenSSL
stuff built and everything to link, the changes required to your
original code to cope with https requests are very minimal.  (Basically
you add calls to HTSSLhttps_init() and HTSSLhttps_terminate().)

If you manage to get https working through a proxy I'd like to hear
about it.  I never had any luck with that.

Hope that's of some use.

Marco