Flow control

From: Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:00:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Using libwww, I have a custom stream that is receiving data from
HTLoadToStream(). Since this is a media player that potentially could be
receiving an infinite stream, I want to be able to tell the input of my
stream to back off.

I gather that returning H_WOULD_BLOCK from my put_* routines would stop
the source from sending data for a while, but the usage and semantics of
H_WOULD_BLOCK are not documented anywhere.

1. If my put_* routines return H_WOULD_BLOCK to the source, does the
source assume that the data passed in was consumed?

2. How do I tell the source to start sending data again?

-- Elliot
Who me? I just wander from room to room.