Re: Libwww-ssl library is now available within the US

From: Olga Antropova <olga@goliath.eai.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 08:28:08 -0500 (CDT)
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org, Roland Mainz <Roland.Mainz@informatik.med.uni-giessen.de>
Hi,

OpenSSL is written in Australia. There are no porblems with distribution of it
abroad. All OpenSSL specific code could be removed from wwwlib modules. (We can
declare abstract class with API for ssl and implementation would be up to
the user. User would implement his/her own module implementing that API OpenSSL
or BSAFE (or whatever) specific.). I think that would make wwwlib-ssl
exportable. There are no restrictions on SSL protocol itself.

Olga Antropova.