Confused on HTAnchor and HTLink

From: Will Sargent <wsargent@best.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:55:53 -0700
To: www-lib@w3.org
I am having trouble understanding what the difference is between HTAnchor and
HTParentAnchor, or HTLink and HTAnchor, or the difference between HTAnchor and
just a straight URL.

As far as I understand it, HTAnchor is an absolute URL, HTLink is a #name
within the URL.  An HTParentAnchor is the same as an HTAnchor, except it
contains the title and header information ???

It would help if I had examples -- the documentation here explains anchors and
links in self-referential terms.  I've tried looking at the examples, but they
just tell me what functions are being called, so I don't have a conceptual
reference for what's going on.

Will.