Re: LineMode as WIN32 console app

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 10:50:35 -0400
To: Rick Kwan <kenobi@coruscant.lightsaber.com>, www-lib@w3.org
At 21:14 30/06/1999 -0700, Rick Kwan wrote:
>I cringe a bit when I say this, but... I am trying to get LineMode
>browser to run as a WIN32 console app on NT.  Ultimately, I will
>capture the formatted output in a separate process via a pipe.
>(What?  Not threads of a single process?)

:)

>I suspect readConsole() has been dead for quite some time.
>Is using it for console and pipes the wrong approach?
>Is there another recommended approach?

Yes, I had the same problem in the tiny browser [1] - I can't get the
events from the console to actually trigger events to happen although the
documentation (at least in my mind) should support that.

Does anyone know how to get events from character input on the console
without polling?

Henrik

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-lib/1999AprJun/0112.html
http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk