Re: Updated documentation on the various libwww packages and modules

From: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:57:23 -0800
To: <www-lib@w3.org>, "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <frystyk@w3.org>

>I am in the process of splitting the Unix library into the same smaller
>libraries as DLLs when compiled on Wintel using the MSVC makefiles which
>you can get from
>
> http://www.w3.org/INSTALL#Windows
>
>I have just updated the makefiles to fit the latest CVS checked out version
>which you can find at
>
> http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html

Hi Henrik,

with the latest update I get undefined symbols for
HTProfile_newNoCacheClient and HTProfile_delete.
I also tried to rebuild WinCom.exe and get the same errors :(

I'm now moving HTInit.c and HTProfil.c from .../windows/wwwinit.files into
.../windows/wwwapp.files
and I think that will fix it.

-- Raffaele

p.s. there is any way you can leave a makefile option to still be able to
build a single
    library instead of many tiny ones ? I'm using most of the stuff and I
find it quite
    annoying on Windows having to deal with so many files, and I would
really like to
    avoid it at least on Unix.

    Thanks.

p.p.s. I'm also trying to clean up HTMPDTD.* from all the never used tags
(H7, HTMLPLUS, etc.)
    and make it more HTML4.0 compliant. Would you integrate these changes
when I'm done ?