Committed new simpler support for adding HTTP headers to requests

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:37:14 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org

As a result of our previous discussions on how to add header fields to HTTP
requests, I have added a simpler mechanism than what was currently there.
This means that there now are three ways to add HTTP headers to libwww:

1. A simple association list
2. A stream oriented approach where the stream (called a generator) has
direct access to the outgoing stream. That it, it can add any header it likes.
3. HTTP extension mechanism which is a much better way for handling extensions.

Number 3 is the preferred but it is not fully implemented yet so please be
patient (or help ;). See

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTReq.html#extra

for details.

At the same time I made the documentation on the request object more up-to-date:

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTReq.html

You can get the diffs at

	http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/Library/src/HTReq.html?rev=2.66&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
	http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/Library/src/HTReqMan.c?rev=2.78&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup