Re: threading

From: Andrew Wong <wong@powertv.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:16:30 -0800
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>, www-lib@w3.org

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think there is a problem of the www-lib
maling list config. When I reply to a message from the list, the return
address is not www-lib@w3.org, but the address of who has sent the message.

>Could be that you are using non-blocking sockets without going into the
>eventloop. See the sample apps for how to do this.

GDB trace showed that the failure caused at the very first call to connect()
i.e. before HTLoadAnchor() returns. And therefore HTEventList_loop() in
showlinks.c doesn't even get chance to run.

I'm confused. Even if libwww isn't thread safe yet, it should still work
when everything libwww calls are made in a SAME thread???

Andrew