Re: Decoding routines (here they are)

Linus.Walleij@ecs.ericsson.se wrote:

> After they've been added I'd recommend going through the query_url_encode
> and form_url_encode functions in HTAccess and correct them using calls to
> HTURLEncode / HTURLDecode as they are defunct as they look today.
>
> Allright I bet someone could hack up better encode/decode routines easily,
> but these work atleast...

Linus,

I am confused - I thought you asked for encoding/decoding of form data
like

http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-html40-19980424/interact/forms.html#h-17.13.4.1

and I think I answered that there only is the private encoding mechanism
in HTAccess.c:

   PRIVATE char * form_url_encode (const char * baseurl, HTAssocList *
formdata)

There are general URI encoding/decoding mechanisms in the HTParse
module:

   http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTEscape.html

However, this can't be used for www form data as it is sent as part of
the POST body and uses a slightly different encoding.

The same is the case for query data (part of the URI, the stuff after
the "?") which can be encoded using

   PRIVATE char * query_url_encode (const char * baseurl, HTChunk *
keywords)

Therefore I thought you were asking for PUBLIC conversion functions of
form_url_encode and query_url_encode.

--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium