Re: Asynch requests/responses [Was Re: How can I handle an HT_UPGRADE 101 Message?]

From: Stuart Myles <smyles@wsj.dowjones.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 16:45:05 -0500
To: Stuart Myles <smyles@wsj.dowjones.com>
CC: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>, "www-lib@w3.org" <www-lib@w3.org>
Stuart Myles wrote:

> However, so far as I can see, even if I make multiple requests to the same
> server,
> each request is not written to the server until the previous one terminates.

I take it back!

My requests are being pipelined.  However, libwww only starts pipelining
of requests after the first one completes (since, at this point, libwww can
know whether or not the server supports pipelining).  I had assumed
that if I asked for pipelining, then I would get pipelining of all requests,
without question.

More experimentation and reading of the source revealed the true
situation and the error of my assumption.

smyles :)
--
Stuart Myles -- smyles@wsj.com -- 609-520-7147 -- http://wsj.com