Re: Making libwww work?

At 15:16 3/2/99 -0500, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
>We've got some code here that uses a bunch of hand-rolled http routines.
>I'd like to replace these with libwww, but I'm running into problems trying
>to get off the ground with libwww.
>
>Starting with the most basic sample application from the libwww web pages:
>
>  #include "WWWLib.h"
>
>  int main()
>  {
>      HTLibInit("TestApp", "1.0");
>      HTLibTerminate();
>      return 0;
>  }
>
>This doesn't actually compile :(.  After adding the various #includes for
>stdio, stdlib, and sys/types.h, I'm seeing the following errors:

Does the libwww code compile itself (using gmake and gcc) according to the
instructions at

	http://www.w3.org/INSTALL.html

or if you got the code directly from CVS then according to the boot strap
rules at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html#Boot

after you have checked it out from cvs?

>So...am *I* missing something?  It seems sort of early to be running into
>this sort of problem :).

Yeah - but I think it is something in your setup :(

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium