Re: Fw: libwww flow control?

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 13:44:14 -0500
To: "Peter Chan" <pchan@netgravity.com>, "www-lib" <www-lib@w3.org>
At 17:50 2/26/99 -0800, Peter Chan wrote:
>I just checked my Apache server logs, it has a bunch of messages like
>[Fri Feb 26 15:54:51 1999] [info] [client] (32)Broken pipe:
>client stopped connection before send mmap completed
>>I just tested the new mget with with an Apache 1.3.3 server, the problem
>>still occurs.  But testing it against a Netscape server was fine.  Maybe
>>there's something wrong with the Apache server.

Could be that libwww gets confused about the pipelined messages. If the
message length is not correct then libwww is forced to close the connection.

Try and run mget with trace messages on (see in the mget.c file to find the
bit to turn on - it's inside a #if 0 - just make #if 1) and recompile the
latest cvs snapshot.