Re: libwww flow control?

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 07:29:47 -0500
To: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>, Peter Chan <pchan@netgravity.com>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
At 17:00 2/25/99 -0800, Raffaele Sena wrote:

>	I do something similar on Win98, sending one request only when the
>	previous terminates, and I get the error too, but I cannot figure
>	out what's going on (some sites always generate the error, some
>	sites don't).

The mget sample application issues multiple GET requests in a pipeline:

linked from

and I don't see these problem from here - I have just tried on a set of the
most popular servers around and get what I expect. Could you please try out
to see if this causes problems as well?

>	Also, I close the library at the end, but when I reinitialize
>	it again, if a previous request fails, I cannot access the
>	same web site again (I did some debug and I found there is
>	a 'lock' that is not released in some host related tables).

Yes - hmm - patched of course welcome at any time ;)