Question about HTMLGenerator

From: John Punin <puninj@cs.rpi.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:38:30 -0500 (EST)
To: frystyk@w3.org
Cc: puninj@cs.rpi.edu, www-lib@w3.org
Hi Henrik
I have two questions about HTMLGenerator in HTMLGen files.

1) How can I generate HTML comments. I cheked the DTD in HTMLPDTD.c and there is a
COMMENT HTML element. I don't think that that will generate comments like:
<!-- this is a comment --> .
I would like also to generate a string like this :
<!DOCTYPE foo SYSTEM "mydtd.dtd">

2) I think 3 NULLs are missing at the end of this class in HTMLGen.c:

PRIVATE const HTStructuredClass HTMLGeneration = /* As opposed to print etc */
{
	"text/html",
	HTMLGen_flush,
	HTMLGen_free,
	HTMLGen_abort,
	HTMLGen_put_character, 	HTMLGen_put_string, HTMLGen_write,
	HTMLGen_start_element,	HTMLGen_end_element,
	HTMLGen_put_entity
};

Thanks a lot for your help.
John Punin