Re: Case insensitive bindings

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 18:15:14 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>

Raffaele Sena wrote:

> when looking for the file format (in HTBind_getFormat) and case insensitive
> is selected,
> the hash table entry MUST be calculated from the case-insensitive suffix.
> (I assume the hash table has been calculated using lower-case only suffixes,
> so I calculate
> the hash table entry in the same way - the full fix should create the hash
> table accordingly)

Thanks, I changed it slightly differently so that the hash is always
calculated over the lowercase version. That way, it works even if you
change the case sensitivity on the fly.

The patch is part of the larger hash-reorg the other day:

http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/Library/src/HTBind.c?r1=2.30&r2=2.31