Re: ssl with command line browser

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 17:06:00 -0500
To: Luis Londono <luisl@bigplanet.net>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
At 16:20 2/4/99 -0700, Luis Londono wrote:

Luis,

>I am using your Command Line browser from the libwww code.  One question
>though, has there been any work on integrating ssl to the libwww code
>base.  I would like to browse https sites from the command line browser
>if possible.  Thanks for any information you may provide.

Quite a lot of people have been asking for SSL support - I don't have plans
for making it but maybe a few of you could get together and have a look at
how to incorporate an SSL transport filter.

The hooks are available in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTTrans.html

and for the new URI access scheme in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTProt.html