Re: HTNet Fix

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:05:11 -0500
To: Mikhail Grouchinski <mgrouch@usa.net>, www-lib@w3.org
At 15:45 1/28/99 EST, Mikhail Grouchinski wrote:
>Why not to move the call of after filters before calling destructor of
>Net object. Otherwise statistics collected by HTNet object
>will be not available within request After filter.
>The functions HTRequest_bytesRead HTRequest_bytesWritten will
>always return -1;

Yes, I was looking at this the other day and found the following problem:
remove_net() really does two things - it unregisters the Net object, checks
to see if new requests are to be started and then deletes the object.

I think we would want the first two things to happen before we call the
after filters and only the deletion of the Net object to happen afterwards.
That is, remove_net should be split into two.

Do you agree?

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk