W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-lib@w3.org > January to March 1999

Re: Last Modified times are incorrect

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:32:15 -0500
Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990126163215.03199330@localhost>
To: olga@goliath.eai.com, www-lib@w3.org
At 15:12 1/26/99 -0600, olga wrote:
>Hi,
>
>In w3chttp.out I have
>
>If-Modified-Since: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:32:09 GMT
>
>on server I have data stamp for that file:
>
>Tue Jan 26 09:32:09 1999
>
>And we have 6 hours difference with GMT.
>So it should be 15:32:09 in w3chttp.

Could either be server or client problem. Are you running an older version
of solaris? Solaris has a bug which causes the timezone to be wrong. Try
and run the sample app

	Library/Examples/tzcheck

which writes what timezone libwww thinks it is in. It gives the correct
number on all the platforms that I have tried including wintel. The HTTP
patch for logging responses will be able to tell you what the server sends.

>Also I have added HTCacheUpdateFilter for 304 for the request - w3c still
>coredumps.

If you are using one of the libwww profiles which do not deliberately say
"nocache" in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTProfil.html

then you shouldn't add any cache filters - the cache is already
initialized. Try and run with the profile only and delete your own cache
filter setup.

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium
http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk
Received on Tuesday, 26 January 1999 16:32:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 23 April 2007 18:18:28 GMT