Re: Last Modified times are incorrect

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:32:15 -0500
To: olga@goliath.eai.com, www-lib@w3.org
At 15:12 1/26/99 -0600, olga wrote:
>In w3chttp.out I have
>If-Modified-Since: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:32:09 GMT
>on server I have data stamp for that file:
>Tue Jan 26 09:32:09 1999
>And we have 6 hours difference with GMT.
>So it should be 15:32:09 in w3chttp.

Could either be server or client problem. Are you running an older version
of solaris? Solaris has a bug which causes the timezone to be wrong. Try
and run the sample app

which writes what timezone libwww thinks it is in. It gives the correct
number on all the platforms that I have tried including wintel. The HTTP
patch for logging responses will be able to tell you what the server sends.

>Also I have added HTCacheUpdateFilter for 304 for the request - w3c still

If you are using one of the libwww profiles which do not deliberately say
"nocache" in

then you shouldn't add any cache filters - the cache is already
initialized. Try and run with the profile only and delete your own cache
filter setup.