Re: Newbie build problems

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 06:18:52 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Petter Gustad <pegu@computer.org>

Petter Gustad wrote:

> I'm sorry if this is a faq, I checked the archive but could not find
> any similar questions. I just checked out the sources, but I can't
> build it:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@dev.w3.org:/sources/public -z3 checkout -r Release-5-2 libwww
> cd libwww
> perl config/winConfigure.pl                #
> aclocal; autoheader; automake; autoconf
> ./configure                                #
> make                                       #
>
> I'm running Linux kernel 2.0.36, perl 5.004_03, autoconf 2.12,
> automake 1.4, libtool 1.2, make 3.76.1.
>
> Is tag Release-5-2 a stable release? Am I doing something completely
> wrong?
> Makefile.am:34: required directory ./WinCom does not exist
> Makefile.am:34: required directory ./Icons does not exist

I see what's happening - the two folders WinCom and Icons are not tagged
with the 5.2 release and so they are not checked out. Try and do an
update with the latest release as described in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html#Anonymous

and it should work.

I will add tags to these two folders from now on.