POSTing from memory AND file

From: <Jim_Ravan@avid.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:59:13 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org

I need to POST in a special way. The first portion of the entity body needs
to come from formatted strings in memory. The second portion needs to come
from a file. I asume I need a stream to do this. But where/when do I set
the stream up? Is it in the request? If I use a stream to POST data, must I
drive the POST request myself, or can I use something in HTAccess?

Any help greatly appreciated.

regards,
-jim