Multiply requests share one socket

From: Mikhail Grouchinski <mgrouch@usa.net>
Date: 15 Jan 99 15:11:10 EST
To: www-lib@w3.org

I found that libwww opens only one connection to www server.

I set HTNet_maxSocket to 100 then I create 100 requests to the same host
and check the response time.

The response time increases proportionally to the request's number.
Using WWWTRACE flag I can see that all other requests except one
are always pending and one is always in pipe
(no matter whether i call before
            HTTP_setConnectionMode(HTTP_11_PIPELINING);
or
            HTTP_setConnectionMode(HTTP_11_NO_PIPELINING);
).

Using netstat I see that the application opens only one socket to WWW server.

So that the application gets stuck for a while because it uses only one socket
www server although I want to let it use much more.

How can I increase the number of sockets the library can open to www server.

Thank you,
Mikhail