Help with HTEventList_newLoop

From: geetha <geetha@amteva.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:47:37 -0500
To: frystyk@w3.org, www-lib@w3.org
I would like to do the following:

Have a thread call a "load to file" or "put file" routine based on an event such as a
keyboard input on Windows NT. Here's the logic for what I want to do:

Main Thread:
   Based on a keybord input, start a thread
   Stay in a loop and based on a keyboard event, post a message from the main thread
to the 2nd thread
   Keep posting messages until a certain keyboard event occurs.

2nd thread:
   Based on the main thread's message, call a get or a put function to transfer a
file.
   Complete get or put and wait for the next message. (This does not work for me)
   Terminate thread on receiving an appropriate message

I took the sample "eventloop.c" application from the w3c.org sample apps section and
modified it to be called from a thread based on a key board event.  The problem I ran
into is: The "get" function (which uses LoadToFile) never returned control to the 2nd
thread, after completing the "load" operation. How do I effectively terminate
HTEventList_newLoop or return control to the 2nd thread, so that the subsequent
messages posted from the main thread can be seen by the 2nd thread? Any help, or a
sample app will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Geetha.