linemode build on Windows NT

From: Rick Kwan <kenobi@coruscant.lightsaber.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:56:02 -0700
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hello, all.

I finally have the line mode browser (www.exe) compiled and running
on Windows NT 4.0.  This is based on the libwww-5.2.8 tarball, plus
the LineMode/src mods I submitted a few days ago, plus Raffaele's
mods to my mods (probably not checked in until CVS repository
comes back).  Compiler was MSVC++ 5.0.

Along the way I've stumbled into a few compile and link errors,
requiring more mods.  But since I do not consider myself a Windows
expert, I leave it to someone else to take the mods below and put
them in some canonical form.

After opening LineMode\src\windows\www.dsw, modified www.c, around
line 11:
	#include "HTDialog.h"

Discovered that pics.dll didn't exist.  (Not built or required
by world.dsw?)  After opening PICS-client\src\windows\pics.dsw,
modified project settings...

    For Link->Input->Object/library modules, added
	wwwapp.lib wwwfile.lib wwwmime.lib

    For Link->Input->Additional library path, added
	../../../Bin

(I wouldn't bet heavily that I used the right setting fields.
Also, it seems that the default build for PICS-client is "Release,"
whereas the default for Library is "Debug".)

Back to www.dsw, in list of source files, along with all the other
*.lib files, added
	wwwxml.lib

After getting these corrections in place, I was able to run the
browser (www.exe) on Windows NT.  Hopefully, someone else knows
how to package these into the proper form in .mak, .dsw, etc.

--Rick Kwan
  rick.kwan@lightsaber.com