Re: Hi

From: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:16:50 -0700
To: <suxm@cpqmail.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn>, <www-lib@w3.org>, "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <frystyk@w3.org>
> Has anyone been looking at what it would take, for example, to hook libwww
> together with mozilla's new layout engine or some other HTML widgets?
> What would be the best way to try this out - how can we get people from
> these communities involved?
    I still don't know where to start when looking at the Mozilla's layout
    And for the other HTML widgets around, basically all of them don't have
    a clear separation between the HTML parser and the layout engine so
    either you do like Amaya, and only use libwww for the network protocols,
    or it's quite a task.

    Also, both KDE and Gnome have their own HTML viewer, and their own
    for URLs and stuff.

    Maybe another approach could be looking at Rich Text Widget instead of
    widget. I was reading today that Qt 2.0 is out and has a Rich Text
widget. Maybe
    it's worth a look.

-- Raffaele