Re: libICE.so

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 17:17:41 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Gustaf Neumann <neumann@nestroy.wi-inf.uni-essen.de>
Gustaf Neumann wrote:

>  ICE is the Inter Client Exchange protocol, part of X11 (XFree),
>  ... actually it is a framework for providing client exchange
>  protocols, it allows to register new protocols, messages, callbacks, etc.
>
>  i am surprised that libtool "wants" it.

Hmm, for some reason (and I am not sure why which always makes me
uneasy) there is a line in the configure script looking for the ice
library:

	dnl Checks for libraries:
	AC_CHECK_LIB(ICE, IceConnectionNumber)
	AC_CHECK_LIB(socket, socket)
	AC_CHECK_LIB(inet, connect)
	AC_CHECK_LIB(nsl, t_accept)
	AC_CHECK_LIB(dl, dlopen)

Can you try and uncomment that line and run configure again to see if it
still needs it?

World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356