Re: Fwd: libwww bug with "HTTP 1.0 keep-alive"

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:34:00 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Wendell Hicken <whicken@parasoft.com>
Wendell Hicken wrote:

>         Here's more info on the bug I'm hitting.  I tried to send this to the
> mailing list, but got an "Out of Office AutoReply", so I decided to send
> you a copy directly as well.  Sorry if it comes off as spam.   The test
> program is also considerably smaller.

Modulo a few adjustments, it seems to work from here without any memory
problems - can I get you to try this variant that I have included below?

#include "WWWLib.h"
#include "WWWApp.h"
#include "WWWInit.h"

char *data[] = {

int printer(const char * fmt, va_list pArgs) {
    return vfprintf(stderr, fmt, pArgs);

int tracer(const char * fmt, va_list pArgs) {
    return vfprintf(stderr, fmt, pArgs);

int main() {
    unsigned int i;
    HTProfile_newNoCacheClient("Test", "1.0");

    for (i = 0; i < sizeof(data)/sizeof(data[0]); ++i) {
        HTRequest *req = HTRequest_new();
	HTChunk * chunk;
        HTRequest_setPreemptive(req, YES);

	// get is the default method
        // HTRequest_setMethod(req, METHOD_GET);

        HTRequest_setOutputFormat(req, WWW_SOURCE);

	chunk = HTLoadToChunk(data[i], req);
	if (chunk) HTChunk_delete(chunk);
    return 0;