Ampersands in text

From: Allen Comer <allen.comer@entropic.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:12:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
Hi all,

As a follow-up to yesterday's message.  I seem to be running into more
than a my fair share of problems and I'm wondering what I might be doing
wrong.  The latest problem I've found is that ampersands in plain text
areas of an HTML document seem to confuse the HTML parser.  There are no
unclosed <form> tags anywhere nor is there anything else that looks
potentially troublesome.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Allen C.