Re: When can you call HTHost_killPipe?

Raffaele Sena wrote:

> > My questions are:
> >
> > 1) From which callbacks should I be calling HTHost_killPipe to cancel
> >    a request that will not causing the library to perform a segmentation
> >    fault? Timer callbacks, progress callbacks, error callbacks, etc?
> >
> > 2) What steps should I perform to kill requests and still have the
> >    library in a sane state for subsequent requests at a later time?
> >
>     I don't know how to answer your questions, but one thing that seem
>     to work for me in a similar situation is the following:
>
>     1) When I click <CANCEL> in my dialog box, I simply call
> HTEventList_stopLoop().
>     2) From the main code, after returning from HTEventList_loop() I can
> cleanup
>         and terminate the library. I think that HTNet_killAll() also cancel
>         all the pending requests (it's called by HTProfile_delete, but I need
>         to call it before, in order to properly release all the anchors).
>
> Hope this helps,

Raffaele,

I appreciate the idea. Unfortunately I need to use the library again after I
cancel the requests. I have tried just calling HTEventList_stopLoop() but since
the request is not really finished it causes all sorts of problems when I enter
the event loop at a later time with a new request.

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks,
Michael