Re: libwww

At 14:29 5/21/99 -0400, Gary_Johnson wrote:

>3)
>I am looking through the code and have a couple of ? or observations
concerning webbot.
>I don't think any of these observations affect the results, but they may
help in the future.

>3)
>HTEvtLst.c
>
>wc.hInstance=GetCurrentProcess(); /* NT and hopefully everything following */
>
>GetCurrentProcess returns invalid on my machine.
>I think this call was meant to be called from within a WIN 32 threaded
environment, and webbot does not create any threads that I see.

>See _beginthreadex for doc on Win32 threads.
>
>wc.hInstance=GetModuleHandle(NULL); should work for NT as well

Sounds good - fixed - see

   http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/Library/src/HTEvtLst.c#rev2.39

>4)
>PRIVATE BOOL Timer_deleteWindowsTimer (HTTimer * timer)
>{
>    HWND hwnd;
>    UINT id;
>    hwnd = HTEventList_getWinHandle(&id);
>    return KillTimer(hwnd, (UINT)timer) != 0;
>}
>
>I get invalid argument for the hwnd.

Maybe this was a result of the wrong instance handle above? It seems to
return 1 now.

>5)
>Its a joy to see this kind of application available as a learning tool.
>Please let me know who I can send these kind of observations to.

I am happy you fing it useful!

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,