Problems with the cache and the response object

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:25:57 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Henrik,

When reading a document from the cache, the metadata doesn't make it
to the response object, because it's being erased here:

HTCache.c:meta_read ()

	    /* Send the data down the pipe */
	    status = (*target->isa->put_block)(target, buffer, status);

	    /* Delete the response headers */
	    HTRequest_setResponse(request, NULL);

Later on, just before calling the after handlers, a new response object
gets allocated thru a simple call to HTRequest_response. However, this
object is empty and it's the one that's being sent to the after handlers
(including my terminate_handler).

Is there any reason why the response header is being erased?

I do need to know the content type in my terminate_handler, but I don't
want to pull it from the anchor object (where I can find it), unless it's
necessary.

Thanks,

-Jose