Re: Problem with authentication

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:17:05 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: olga <olga@goliath.eai.com>
olga wrote:

> I am having a strange problem with an authentication. Application uses
> basic authentication. After the initial authentication several URL loadings go
> fine then loadings fail with 401 error. There are two problems:

I have seen some strange auth things as well and hope that Jose may be
able to lend a helping hand.

One way to test this more would be to add an automatic authentication
mechanism to the robot [1] like the one used for the command line tool
[2]. That way, it's easier to traverse a whole site and see where it
fails and why.

Henrik

[1] http://www.w3.org/Robot/
[2] http://www.w3.org/ComLine/User/CommandLine.html#auth