Re: Need comments on multiple POST requests.

olga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if I am totally on the wrong track using w3c?

Issuing new requests from the filters are perfectly valid - the Web
commander in fact does this. This is a useful way to "serialize"
asynchronous requests: first do this, when done then do that, etc.

I have added a (quick) and small event loop sample app which you can get
at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/eventloop.c

linked from

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/#event

The code is of course also in CVS - get it from

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html#update

Whenever the user hits a key, the program fetches the same URI. Only if
the user hits "q" does it exit.

>         - Too much of functionality for the after-filter (sounds like "work
>           around" the problem instead of clean way of doing things)

You can always start new requests in libwww but if you don't want to
serialize things then using the filters is the right thing. This goes
for both client and server requests of course.

>         - Also there are problems with shared data between client and server
>           (function pointers and GUI cannot be shared)

The sample app above also shows how you can carry context information
around and share it between multiple requests.

Henrik