Re: Postform & Redirect

From: Yue Dong <ydong@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 14:43:48 -0500 (EST)
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
cc: www-lib@w3.org

I think you misunderstand my requirement. Let me clarify it. Suppose we
have two servers:

   Server1.mycompany.com And

Clients always contract Server1 for authentication. After checking the
clients is valid users, the Serve1 will *Redirect* to Server2 AND pass
another system password to Server2.

In server1, Two actions needed to do:
   1)First redirect to targeted server (change current url)
   2)pass Post data

If we just use HTML, we could define a form on Server1:

   <Form Method="POST"
     <BR>User ID: <Input TYPE="text" NAME="User">
     <BR>assword: <INPUT TYPE="password" NAME="Password">
     <INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="systempasswd" value="1234">

     <Form Method="POST"
     <BR>User ID: <Input TYPE="text" NAME="User">
     <BR>assword: <INPUT TYPE="password" NAME="Password">

In these two ways, the *systempassword* will be exposed to everyone.

Thus, we are thinking using postform.c in libwwww. we define another
simple C program *Server2.c* as follows (locate in cgi-bin of Server1):

   sprintf(com, "postform
=http://Server2.mycompany.com/cgi-bin/getpassword 'systempasswd=1234'");

And change the form in Server1 as follows:

   <Form Method="POST"
     <BR>User ID: <Input TYPE="text" NAME="User">
     <BR>assword: <INPUT TYPE="password" NAME="Password">

The result is:

   we could get reponse from Server2, but the current is unfortunately in
Server1 (we wish in Server2). What we expect is to let clients to directly
contract the Server2 not through Server1, at this moment.