Connections

From: <Jim_Ravan@avid.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:25:55 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org

When is a connection established? When is a connection dropped? How can I
tell? My application has very definite ideas about when it wants to be
connected to an HTTP server, and when it doesn't. In fact the API to my
layer has "Establis Connection" and "Terminate Connection" entry points. I
have looked at the libwww interfaces, but I can't figure out how to set up
and tear down the HTTP connection.

regards,
-jim