Time-outs

From: FOREST <laurent.forest@grenoble.sema.fr>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:01:26 -0500 (EST)
To: www-lib@w3.org
A colleague and I are currently implementing a simple Web client using libwww. This client manages simple HTTP requests to Web servers.

How are the following time-outs manages by libwww:
- HTTP connection time-out ?
- Request time-out ?

In other words :
1) Connection time-out
1.1) what happens if a connection time-out occurs? I guess an error (905 CONNECTION TIMEOUT) is added in the error stack of the Request which initiated the connection. Right or wrong?
1.2) where are these time-outs managed?
1.3) how can the connection time-out value be set?

2) Request time-out
2.1) Is there any time-out associated to a Request (to ensure that a Web client will not wait for a response forever)?
2.2) If yes, where are these time-outs managed (I did not see any reference to time-out in HTRequest.html)?
2.3) How can the Request time-out value be set?

Thanks in advance