Re: HTMLToPlain and libwww 5.2

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 15:20:06 -0500
To: Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
At 12:43 11/21/98 CST, Kent Vander Velden wrote:

>  I added the following code to main() in HTLine.c:
>
>    HTList * converters = HTList_new();
>    HTConverterInit(converters);
>    HTMLInit(converters);
>    HTFormat_setConversion(converters);
>
>  that seems to add the converters and I can see with debug enabled that
>the converter is being found and used.  The output when converting to
>text/plain seems to disappear however.  Did I miss something?

Yes, the presentation part is not included in the HTML parser, see

	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-lib/1998OctDec/0106.html

for details.

>  These work great!  I had seen these mentioned in the mailing
>list archive but somehow but the idea that www became w3c.

I created the command line tool from the line mode browser a long time ago
as the line mode browser was getting too overloaded with features and many
of them didn't involve a parser at all.

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk