CVS commit: authentication

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:57:34 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hello,

Problem:

  libwww had a problem to evaluate if a password you had given to access
  a URL could be used to access a cousin of that URL. This problem
  resulted in libwww's prompting you again for the same password.

Fix:

  I added an authentication retry counter to the request structure and
  added some logic so that if a request fails by a 401, libwww will try
  to search for a password and send it again. If this fails, it'll then
  prompt the user then for the password.

  Amaya is currently using this patch.

Modified files:

  HTAABrow.c
  HTAAUtil.c
  HTReqMan.c
  HTReqMan.html
  HTReq.html

Apologies:

  According to the CVS commit rules for libwww, I should have waited until
  Monday to make this commit into the CVS base, but I forgot about it and did
  it today.

-Jose