Re: how to measure round trip time

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:20:15 -0400
To: Tadashi NAKANO <tnakano@ise.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp>, www-lib@w3.org
Cc: tnakano@ise.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp
At 16:02 10/21/98 +0900, Tadashi NAKANO wrote:

>I have some questions, please help me.
>
>I wanna measure round trip time to get HTML file includeing inline images.
>I think webbot can measure the time.

Try
	webbot -saveimg -n -ss -q http://..../example.html

See
	http://www.w3.org/Robot/User/CommandLine.html

for a full explanation. "saveimg" doesn't actually save them - it downloads
the image and pumps it into a black hole. If you do

	webbot -cache -saveimg -n -ss -q http://www.w3.org/

then the images get cached in the persistent cache

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk